Saddle Up for Fun: Vacation Packages with Horseback Riding in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee, is known as the “Music City” and for its vibrant country music scene. However, Nashville also offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors and take part in activities such as horseback riding. If you’re looking for a unique vacation experience that combines the best of city life and outdoor adventure, consider booking a Nashville vacation package that includes horseback riding. Here’s what you need to know about vacation packages with horseback riding in Nashville.
What to Expect
Horseback riding is a popular activity in Nashville, and there are many stables and ranches that offer guided trail rides. These rides typically take you through scenic countryside or along picturesque riverbanks, giving you a chance to enjoy the beauty of nature while exploring the area. The length of the ride can vary depending on the package you choose, but most rides are around one to two hours long. You’ll be matched with a horse based on your experience level, and a guide will be with you throughout the ride to ensure your safety and provide information about the area.
Types of Packages
There are many different vacation packages available in Nashville TN that include horseback riding. Some packages are all-inclusive, meaning they include accommodations, meals, and activities, while others offer a more customizable experience where you can choose your own accommodations and dining options. Here are some popular types of packages to consider:
- Romantic Getaways: If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, consider a package that includes a horseback ride through the countryside followed by a private dinner for two under the stars.
- Family-Friendly Packages: Horseback riding is a great activity for families with kids of all ages. Many packages offer a trail ride followed by a picnic or outdoor games.
- Group Packages: If you’re traveling with a group, consider a package that includes a trail ride followed by a bonfire and live music.
- Adventure Packages: For those looking for a more adventurous experience, consider a package that includes a horseback ride followed by zip-lining or kayaking.
Where to Ride
There are several stables and ranches in the Nashville area that offer horseback riding experiences. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- Juro Stables: Located just 25 minutes from downtown Nashville, Juro Stables offers guided trail rides through scenic hills and valleys.
- Hidden Hollow Farms: Located 30 minutes from downtown Nashville, Hidden Hollow Farms offers guided trail rides for all levels of riders, from beginners to advanced.
- Deer Run Stable: Located just outside Nashville in Franklin, Tennessee, Deer Run Stable offers guided trail rides through scenic farmland and along the Harpeth River.
- Natchez Trace Stables: Located 45 minutes southwest of Nashville, Natchez Trace Stables offers guided trail rides through the beautiful Natchez Trace Parkway.
Tips for Your Ride
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your horseback riding experience in Nashville:
- Dress appropriately: Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, and closed-toe shoes with a heel.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent: You’ll be spending time outdoors, so it’s important to protect yourself from the sun and bugs.
- Listen to your guide: Your guide will be with you throughout the ride and will give you instructions on how to control your horse. Listen carefully and follow their lead.
- Be gentle with your horse: Remember, your horse is a living creature, and it’s important to treat them with respect and kindness.
- Have fun: Horseback riding is a unique and enjoyable experience. Take in the scenery, enjoy the ride, and have fun!
A vacation package with horseback riding in Nashville is a unique and enjoyable experience that combines the best of city life and outdoor adventure.